By Cassidy Whitson
Sophomore, Journalism Major
Just because college is hectic doesn’t mean you need to sacrifice good eating! Skip the dining hall one night and make this quick and easy recipe that always reminds me of mom’s ham and cheese sandwiches from elementary school – with a sophisticated twist. Pair this with some Campbell’s tomato soup for an extra kick of flavor.
1 can crescent rolls (or Recipe Creations)
1 1/3 cups chopped ham
2/3 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1/4 cup honey mustard
- Roll out crescent rolls vertically on baking stone. Do not separate and seal perforations.
- Mix ham, cheese and mustard.
- Spread ham down the center of the crescent rolls.
- Cut 10 strips on each side of the dough.
- To braid, lift strips of dough across mixture to meet in the center, twisting each strip on turn.
- Continue alternating strips to form a braid.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes until lightly browned.