Freshman, Food Science and Human Nutrition Major
1. It is the perfect place to escape campus for the weekend.
So serene and peaceful. A great place to have fun!
2. Paddleboards, canoes, and paddle boats: need I say more?
3. Pack a picnic and relax with your friends.
4. There’s so much to do on both the north and south shores. You should step outside your comfort zone and try something new. Paddle boarding is my new favorite, even though I fell five times the first time I tried.
5. On the South Shore, there is a 1.25-mile mountain bike trail where you can explore the natural landscape of a North Florida hardwood forest with beautiful views of the lake. Find your inner zen when you become one with nature.
6. Why play Frisbee when you can play on a full 18-hole disc golf course? There’s nothing better.
- Attempt to climb the 55-foot tall climbing wall. There are 19 different routes to the top, fit for any climber—novice to advance. Time for an adventure.
8. Water ski or wakeboard on our beautiful collegiate oasis, but be warned, you must pass a swim test and reserve your slot!
9. Take your UF club or organization to the Outdoor Team Challenge Courses for some fun and exciting teambuilding activities. Only the strong will survive. Just kidding, but you will definitely bond.
10. All of these activities are free with your Gator1 Card. You can also check out bikes, Frisbees, footballs and more. Essentially, your Gator1 is a free pass to adventure.